Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Liebster Award!!!


So I went on my daily read of all my favorite bloggers and what do I come up on??? The Insomniac’s Dream was awarded not 1 not 2 but 3 awards, of course I’m not surprised she’s a great lady. I love reading her posts but what I was surprised….she awarded me a Liebster award…ME!!!! I was floored and so honored until I re-read the rules….I hadn’t bothered to do this before. I just went to reading her stuff and thought she was just sharing a lot without realizing that she had to….rules!!!! Ugh I’m not a fan of rules….is anyone? As kids we hated rules but we had to follow them but I’m an adult, we make our own rules that's the whole point and now this!!!! But I’m thankful for the award so here goes nothing.

The rules are

This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.

1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.

11 Random Facts

  1. I’ve worked almost non-stop since I was 16 (with just a couple of years off when my oldest boy was born), at this rate I should be able to retire very soon

  1. I met my husband in Europe and brought him here & 9 years later he still acts like an immigrant sometimes

  1. I love being a girly girl even thought I no longer have the time or energy like I did before the kids so to start again I recently started painting my nails again…..pink sparkle this week!!

  1. I’m the most sarcastic person you will ever meet (or at least that’s what my friends say)

  1. I always wished (and still do) that I had a sibling. Brother, sister I don’t care I just really wanted a sibling. This is probably why I always said I have to have more than one child….its a lonely world

  1. I would cheat on my husband in a heart beat if I had a chance with Johnny Deep. I’ve loved Johnny a lot longer than I’ve know my husband and he full supports this idea. Of course with my luck the day I meet him I would have my period so that would go out the door….but you never know

  1. I have a long first and last name…the combination is 17 letters

  1. I’ve had my period for over 20 years now…..I think by all accounts I should be going through menopause by now….I’m tired of this bitch already

  1. I curse a lot, I’m working on this

  1. I always wanted to be a lawyer when I was growing up. Then life, kids and husband happened and I never went

  1. I smoke…Please don’t give me shit for this I already do enough for the both of us. I’ve tried to quit way too many times and I’m still trying…I will never give up until I really stop one day

11 Questions I must answer

1.  Are you a cat or a dog person?

A small dog person definitely. I have nothing against cats but I would never have a cat as a pet and I’ve had many dogs as pets when I was growing up. If I ever get a pet for my kids (besides fish) it will no doubt be a small dog. I’m not crazy about big dogs.

2.  What is your drink of choice?

Right now I love Malibu Bay Breeze.

3.  What is your favorite Holiday?

All of them as long as I don’t have to work

4.  If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

That I finished college

5.  What do you waste the most time on?

Worrying about things I can’t change ALL THE TIME. My mind is constantly racing, I need a break.

6.  Are you consistent in house cleaning?

Yes. I drive my husband and kids crazy with how much I clean.

7.  Would you give up love for all the money in the world?  Or would you rather be dirt ass poor to experience the love of a lifetime?

I’ll take love over money any day. The way I see it at the end of the day I have to sleep with that man and I don’t care how much money you have if you are Hugh Hefner there is NO WAY IN HELL I’M SLEEP IN THE SAME BED AS YOU!!!

8.  What is your worst bad habit?

Smoking

9.  What is your guilty pleasure?

Reality TV. I actually blogged about it here

10.  Do you have a favorite author?

I really love reading. I constantly read books. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have a book going to and from work sitting on the train with nothing to do.

11.  Are you a writer who blogs, or a blogger who writes?

Blogger who writes. I love writing my blog but I don’t think I would have the discipline or will or ideas to write a whole book.


11 Bloggers I am nominating (there are others but they’ve been nominated already and I don’t want anyone to kill me)


My Daily Jenn-ism

 

Funny Postpartum Lady

 

The Bearded Iris

 

Phenomenal Woman

 

Confessions of a (Not-So-)Super Mom

 

Sorry Kid, Your Mom Doesn’t Play Well With Others

 

Suburbia Interrupted

 

First Time Mom and Dad

 

Calibamamom

 

It's not like it's rocket surgery

 

 

11 Questions for my nominees

 

1.      If you could live in any country, state, city which would you choose? Why?

 

2.      Do you love/hate technology?

 

3.      How many awards have you been nominated for so far & how tired but still grateful are you?

 

4.      What is one unique quality about you?

 

5.      If you could choose anyone to merry would you still chose the person you are with?

 

6.      How did you come up with your blog name?

 

7.      If you could switch lives with anyone who would it be? Why?

 

8.      What do you want it to say on your tombstone?

 

9.      What if anything do you see changing in your life in 10 years?

 

10.   What is your favorite food?

 

11.  What is the one thing you would love to change about your self (physically)?

 


6 comments:

  1. That'a a LOT of question marks. Here is a few more. What country is he from? Will you go back to college when your kids are grown?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Europe. College...probably not. I figure by the time my kids are grown I'll be late 40's early 50's and by that point I'll be looking to retire not start a new career. Althought I might do it just so I can say I did it.

      Delete
  2. I smoke, too. It's just something we do, doesn't define us. By the by, if you do ever hook up with Johnny, send him my way when you're through. I don't mind sloppy seconds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right it doesn't define us, but its something that I've been trying to stop FOREVER!!! I sometimes really hate smoking and then other times....I just need one.

      No problem about Johnny, you do the same, I'll take him anyway I can get him!!

      Delete