Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Help a fellow blogger

I'm writing this post in hopes of helping out a fellow blogger Julescam. She's adopted and would love to find her birth mother. If you can help in anyway it's greatly appreciated.
Below is her story & here is a link to her page and orginal post
 
You may not know this, but I was adopted. I was born on June 27, 1973 in Houston TX. My biological mother was 15 at the time with red hair and green eyes. I was adopted from DePelchin children’s home at 9 days old to wonderful parents who, in my belief, have raised me VERY well. BUT..that doesn’t stop me from trying to figure out who my biological parents are!
I have been to the Houston courts 3 different times to ask to have my records opened. Even after all adoption records were made available, the judge would not give me mine. She advised me that there was nothing in the record that could help me in any way. Why she didn’t let me figure that out for myself, I have no clue. The last time I went to court, I was pregnant with Little Man. I was 31 years old. I had a letter from my adoptive parents, a letter from my doctor, and was VERY curious about my biological medical history. It’s been another 8 years and I was told yet again NO. It’s VERY frustrating!
So here’s the deal. If anyone knows of a woman that was 15 years old in 1973 and had a kid whom I’m guessing her parents made her give up for adoption (or maybe she wanted to, who knows) and lived in the Houston area in 1973 please help me. I am not trying to get another parent, but wouldn’t you like to know who gave birth to you? In the records that I received from DePelchin (and I have NO clue where they are now – my parents shared them with me as a teen), my biological mother had red hair and green eyes. I don’t remember what it said about her height and weight. My supposed father was American Indian and was over 6 feet tall with brown hair and brown eyes. I don’t know if that is true or a fabrication to protect the actual father or if she was raped. It doesn’t matter to me, I would just like to know her. I would just REALLY like to know my biological mother. It’s almost been 40 years so she would be in her 50′s now. I would have no idea where she lives but I know when I was born, it was in Houston, TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment