Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Simple But So Delicious Dinner

If you're like me (a working parent or just a busy parent) we're always looking to make a fast dinner and yet try to make in nutritious for the kiddies. I always try to make something quick. I get home around 5:30 and need to have dinner made, eaten, homework done, shower and have the kids in bed by 9. That means no long complicated meals for our house (we leave that for the weekends when I have time). I made a very simple and fast (30 min) meal tonight and I must say it was ohhh so delicious. Here are the ingredients and steps. I'm sure some of you have made at least some variation of this so here is my recipe

1.      Cook some small eggshell pasta and set aside ( I did about 3/4 of a box for a family of 4 and I'm still left with some to take to work tomorrow...whose happy....that's right yours truly)







2.      Like I said before I try to do quick meals so I breaded the chicken cutlets last night and put it in the refrigerator for today. BTW I never tried this before for fear it would not taste good sitting all night and most of the next day in bread crumbs but surprise it takes just as good as if I had made it fresh now. I also use the Italian Seasoning instead of plain. I find that it definitely has more flavor. So fry the chicken.



Happy chicken frying

Chicken Done
                                                  

3.      Cut up some garlic, about 7 cloves and dice them very small.





4. Once the chicken is done put some olive oil in a pan, put the garlic and let is simmer for like 20 sec and than put the pasta, salt, garlic power, parsley flakes and about half cup of water. Toss the pasta around and viola you have a quick and delicious dinner tonight.






Dinner done, mommy very happy :)))
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment